Do you also take shower every day? And above that, you think taking a shower every day would make your hair more clean and good. This is a really bad myth about hairs and showering. Actually, the fact is that you should only shower twice in a week according to the normal standards of health and hygiene and as advised by the experts. Some of the reasons supporting this statement are:
Share This Image On Your Site
- The first and important reason as to why showering daily is not good is that it would make your hair dry. Showing daily would erase of necessary oils and sebum released from the scalp and skin and would make them ultra-dry. Hence avoid frequent showers.
- You may even rip off your nails and make them dry too by taking frequent showers. The keratin protein present in the nails and hairs tends to get eliminated slowly if they are projected to prolonged contact with water.
- The third reason can be termed under a social cause but showering daily and that too unnecessarily wastes water up to 30-40% and hence for or preventing useless water loss, you should not shower daily.
- Next reason not to shower daily is that it washes away the good bacteria present on your body that is helpful in combating the harmful bacteria. This good bacteria is actually a shield for your body which gets eroded by the frequent
- A possible reason to shower daily can be that you must not be that dirty as you think. If you don’t sweat excessively then you really don’t need daily showering because your body care products are wise enough to do so.
- You are even drying your skin by taking shower daily. This may cause excessive dehydration and finally result in chipping off dead skin.
Hence, these were some reasons you must keep in mind before showering on a daily basis because it is harmful more than being beneficial.