When you have made up your mind that you need a new toilet seat, you will be surprised at the various options which are out there in the market. There are hundreds of options that you will have to choose from. In order to be able to narrow down your search and find the best toilet seat for your particular bathroom, it is necessary that you have an idea of what is differentiating between the various options.
Here are some of the main factors which you will have to consider when you shop:
For the many times that you will spend sitting on the toilet seat, you need to have one which is comfortable. There are various factors which will influence the comfort of a toilet seat. In order to find the one that will be comfortable, you will have to ask yourself the following questions:
- What is its shape? The toilet seat shape plays a major role in determining how comfortable it is to be able to sit on it. Seats which are elongated tend to be more comfortable as compared to the round ones. But these will meltdown to your personal preferences.
- What is it constructed from? The materials which are made to construct a toilet seat will have a great influence on how you will feel when you sit on it. If you compare wood seats to plastic ones, the wooden doesn’t get as cold as the plastic ones, especially during winter and thus, you can prefer them.
- Are you looking for a soft seat? How soft a is, tends to increase its comfortability. If a toilet seat is padded, it tends to be comfortable and warmer. If you will be spending more time sitting on the toilet, then the best to choose is one which is padded to make you have an overall pleasant feel.
- Is the design ergonomic? While it might be hard for you to be able to tell how ergonomic a toilet seat is by just looking at it, there are some designs which place ergonomics as the top of their mind and thus making them be comfortable as well.
- Is it going to wiggle around when you sit on it? With a more secure fit and durable build to your toilet, it will ensure that the seat will not move around while you are using it. This will improve how comfortable you will be able to feel and at the same time, increase their overall lifespan.
If you don’t mind the comfortability, then you might be thinking about the cost of the toilet seat. If that is you, then read on. No matter how small or large your budget might be, you need to have no problems when it comes to finding an option that will cost between $10 and $15. It is also possible to spend over $1000 to get a toilet with all the bells and whistles. The decision lies squarely with you.